This year’s Saturday Talks at the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum have been announced. They are all at 2pm. The fee is the usual entrance fee to the museum, (£4, concessions £3, children £2) raising funds for its upkeep.
- February 23rd. The Warwicks in Canada by David Seeney: the service of the 6th of foot on the Canadian Frontier in the 19th Century.
- March 30th. Gallipoli and the 9th Warwicks by Ian Binnie: the story of the ill-fated campaign in WW1 and how the 8th almost snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
- April 27th. Fabian Ware and the Imperial War Graves Commission by Alan Reed: the story of the Commission, its founder and its initial work during and after The Great War.
- May 25th. Militaria Valuation with David Seeney. Bring your small items.
- June 29th. German WW1 Aces by Major Mike Atkinson: the fascinating life story of a Blue Max winner.
- July 27th. The Warwicks and Passchendaele by Ian Binnie: The Third Battle of Ypres, in which many Warwicks played a key part, made a significant contribution to the final defeat of Germany.
- September 28th. Researching Military Ancestry on the Net by David Seeney: the tricks of the trade – what’s what on the net.
- October 26th. The Wreck of the Birkenhead by David Seeney: the story of the 1852 wreck – ‘soldiers stand fast’ and ‘women and children first’.
- November 3rd. The Road to Dunkirk and the Warwicks by David Seeney: the cruel story of the Warwicks during the evacuation.